23 October 2018
A wedding is a special event that is to be celebrated as one of your most important days in your lifetime. The wedding day has to be flawless, and blossom without any mishaps. Sometimes we tend to make mistakes due to rushing and excessive excitement during the actual day. Small things might escape our minds and this could mess up important settings. Every memorable ceremony needs mood-setting music, a skilled photographer and of course, delicious food. Food plays a symbolic role in representing the event and makes your guests remember this memorable event. Here are the top catering errors that people are prone to make.
Food menu choices
The food served during your reception can either make or break the day. Food has the power to make your day memorable while it helps you with maintaining the ideal hospitality feeling. It is important to test your caterer’s dishes personally before finalizing everything for the event. The menu should be interesting and appropriate because a very long menu can confuse the guests and also bleed your wallet dry.
Reliability of the caterer
Usually customers are inclined towards a company due to their popularity without considering to cross-check the caterer with their previous customers. It is vital for you to be aware of the feedback related to the catering service so as to make sure that everything goes as planned for your own reception. When you have checked with previous customers of the same caterer about their quality and service, you can be sure that you will be getting your money’s worth by hiring them.
The catering staff hired for your wedding should be capable and sufficient in number so as to manage the difficulty of setting the arrangement. A shortage of waiters can cause the guests to feel that your reception is ill managed because nobody likes to wait. On the other hand, it must be checked that the waiters are also friendly so as to ensure the cheerful atmosphere for your reception.
Here’s a cheat sheet to help you!
Take a look at the following list of pointers which will help you to rest assured that no hurdle blocks your way when it comes to your wedding catering:
- a. Taste the food before finalizing the deal with the catering service.
- b. Make sure everything is according to your plan which should be discussed beforehand with your caterer so as to be on the safe side.
- c. Take notes of any special dietary needs that you have to alert your caterer about.
- d. If any of the guests have allergies, provide the catering service with a list of those guests and arrange for separate dishes accordingly.
- e. Give the catering service provider clear instructions about how you really want your wedding food arrangements to be like.
- f. Tell the caterer about the number of waiters you need.
- g. Double check your instructions so as to eliminate the possibility of a trivial error.
- h. Keep tabs on everything!
Be aware of the above mentioned blunders that might ruin your day and once you have taken the precautions, you should be able to enjoy the wedding of your dreams as it will be as perfect as you have always imagined it to be!